Looking for an amazing organization to support? Check out African Orphan Educational Foundation. This is a local organization with a truly global vision. They focus on equipping, educating and empowering disadvantaged youth in Africa.
Name of organization:
African Orphan Educational Foundation
Purpose of organization:
To generate awareness of and support the educational and personal development needs of disadvantaged youth in Africa while nurturing cultural appreciation and harmony between nations.
To support the educational and personal development needs of orphans and impoverished children in Africa at the primary, secondary and post-secondary levels.
To lift generations out of poverty in Africa by providing the poorest and most vulnerable children access to a quality education
Sponsor 40+ students in Uganda & Kenya, expand programs into Burundi and Malawi, launch a culturally-relevant leadership curriculum and implement an international job placement program.
Collaborate in a United Nations program for selected student leaders, expand learning access by collaborating with educational leaders and curriculum developers, remain at the forefront of quality education in Africa, and hire /expand staff on both continents.
How can others help?
Subscribe to our Breakfast On The Nile newsletter, follow and engage with us on Social Media, help us identify individual and business partners to sponsor students, buy from Smile.Amazon.com and choose AOEF as your charity of choice. Request our ‘Ways You Can Help’ checklist by emailing email@example.com.
or contact Kathie Kreh at 561-262-8828
10130 Northlake Blvd., #214-202, West Palm Beach, FL 33412
AOEF is a legacy to a great man who loved Africa and put service above self, and is inspired by faith and 12+ years in missionary service and travel to Uganda.
- 70% of the world’s poorest people live in sub-Saharan Africa. In just 10 years, that figure is expected to climb to 87%. Africa is the continent with the largest number of people (383 million) living in extreme poverty. [Max Roser and Estaban Ortiz-Ospina (2019) – “Global Extreme Poverty”, Ourworldindata.com]
- 97 million children were out-of-school in sub-Saharan Africa prior to the pandemic. [UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Fact Sheet #56, September 2019] Most kids just can’t afford it.
- By 2030, just 1 in 4 children in sub-Saharan Africa will complete the equivalent of a high school education. [UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Global Education Monitoring Report July 10, 2019]
- Education reduces poverty – if education systems improved, absolute poverty could be reduced by 30%. [Global Partnership for Education, UNESCO GEM Report, Learning Generation Report 2016]
- Education is the most reliable route out of poverty and a critical pathway towards healthier, more productive citizens and stronger societies. [UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) and UNICEF (2015)]
- Education is a global equalizer and an opportunity multiplier. [Kathie Kreh]
- Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world. [Nelson Mandela]
For more Local Business Spotlights, Market Reports, Community Events, and philanthropic opportunities, please sign up for my newsletter! To be included on the blog or in the newsletter, call me at 561-806-8550 and let’s chat!
Heather E. Towe, P.A.
REALTOR®, CRS®, CLHMS®, e-PRO®, PSA®
561-806-8550 | heather.towe.gmail.com
Licensed to Sell Real Estate in Florida
How can I help you?
Luxury Real Estate Services for Palm Beach County, Florida.
*** Listing Specialist in Palm Beach County, including: Jupiter, Juno Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Jupiter Island.
*** Serving Buyers by referral throughout Palm Beach County.
*** Offering expert real estate advice to everyone, and referrals to local real estate experts all over the world.
To download my app, please click here.
To sign up for my newsletter, please click here.
To find out how much your home is worth, please click here.
To find your next home, please click here.